EasyUI Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:13:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tree with drag but not drop  (Read 4838 times)
glarsen

View Profile Email
« on: May 14, 2014, 12:16:12 PM »

I wish to drag tree nodes onto another panel but not on the tree control itself.

Thanks,
Gary
glarsen

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 08:10:14 AM »

Sorry I wasn't very clear in the initial post.

What I'm trying to achieve is to drag a tree node onto a panel.  On the drop a non modal dialog will be created which will allow editing of the object represented by the node.   Tree nodes can also be dropped on this dialog as members.  (It's a security membership hierarchy)

When dragging a tree node I can track the the events on the panel (onDragEnter, onDragLeave, onDrop).  When formatting the tree nodes I've included a hidden div with the node serialized to JSON, and in onDrop convert that back to a node.  I now have all the data needed to create the dialog.

The problem I'm having is managing the details of drag and drop since the way it's implemented in the tree doesn't match the D&D demos.  An example is managing which tree nodes are droppable on the panel and which are not.

Am I going on the correct path or is there a better way to go about this.  And advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

glarsen

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 07:47:22 AM »

I assume then that this is not possible in EasyUI.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: