EasyUI Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:01:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can a generic databox onchange handler can modify value?  (Read 13025 times)
tomhj

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2013, 09:41:29 AM »

I have a dialog box with a datebox control on it.  If an end user types in a date like "9-9-13", the popup calendar properly selects the date as Sep 9, 2013 and if the user hits return, the date is properly changed to 9/9/13 and all is well.  But if the user uses the tab key to leave that field and move to the next one, the datebox value is left as "9-9-13" which causes parsing errors downstream.  One solution is clearly to change the downstream processing to look for either mm/dd/yy or mm-dd-yy - but I'd much rather have a generic solution on the client side.

HTML fragment looks like this:
Code:
<input name="date" id="date" class="easyui-datebox"/>

I tried using onChange to dynamically change the '-' character to a '/' like this:
Code:
   $('#date').datebox({
      onChange:  function(newValue,oldValue) {
         if (newValue.indexOf('-') >= 0) {
            newValue = replaceAll(newValue, '-', '/');
            $(this).datebox('setValue', newValue);
         }
      }
   });

Breakpoints show that newValue is being changed dynamically as expected, and I don't see any javascript console errors -- but the datebox value is not being changed either.

How can I accomplish this?
stworthy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:22:52 PM »

To correct the inputted value,  the better way is to override $.fn.datebox.defaults.keyHandler.query function.
Code:
$('#db').datebox('options').keyHandler.query = function(q){
if (q.indexOf('-') >= 0) {
            q = replaceAll(q, '-', '/');
}
$(this).datebox('setValue', q);
}
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: