EasyUI Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:52:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Matching column width with data-column width automatically  (Read 15844 times)
swader

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2012, 01:43:54 AM »

Let me say right off the bat, I love this library. It's insanely powerful and it replaced jQueryUI completely as far as I'm concerned. My company will be buying a commercial license as soon as I get all things working properly and get the approval of the CEO.

What I have a problem with, though, is getting the column headers to align with the width of the data columns automatically. I guess I could fix it by editing the plugin (I had to edit it already to force the click on a collapsed panel to Expand instead of Resize because resize didn't resize back when I moused-out; editing was hell, since the plugin is obfuscated, but with some experimentation I was able to get it all working), but I'd rather ask just in case there's an option that makes the headers force-width to the width of the widest data in the table.

For example, I would like the picture from attachment 1 look like the picture in attachment 2 automatically.
I would also like the last column to fill up all remaining space in the grid.

I don't want to have to specify "width" in the columns, because my back end is used on many resolutions and many devices - so I want the table to scale to fit the data columns automatically, and I want all remaining space to the right to be filled by the last column. Can this be done natively or should I try and edit the plugin?
Kevin

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 04:21:54 AM »

Hi Swader

It really does not make sense to say you will get management to approve budget to purchase a commercial license after your development has been completed. By purchasing the license, you will get full source code and 1 months support. I don't know what your hour rate is, but surely you could be wasting more by not purchasing the framework.

Take the plunge and support jeasyui. Like all of us, he needs the financial support. After all, he has developed an amazingly easy framework and we would like to see him continue developing this.
swader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 02:40:10 PM »

I was going to buy it for personal use anyway. What I'm trying to score here is a commercial enterprise license by getting my superiors to see the value of it - and they'll only see it if I manage to demo all their desired functionality in one go. When I do this, the development won't be finished - I work on an enterprise level web application used by 100k active users every day. The profit for EasyUI would thus not stop on this one license.

Now if we can please stay on topic? If you can't constructively contribute to the problem at hand, please don't post.
Kevin

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 06:20:06 PM »

Actually I am contributing constructively towards the problem at hand or do you have a guilty conscience to what I’m saying? I really think that the only way to solve this is by having the source code at hand and having the interface with the developer, which is afforded to you when you purchase the commercial license. I don't believe that the column header has been designed not to take a width parameter, hence the problems you are getting. But with the source, it might become a simple procedure to forward calculate the max column width and apply this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: